Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sailer's On Her Way!!!

Today, I visited my doctor for my 38th week visit....I know, it's getting close! Ironically, I woke up this morning at 6 a.m. with menstrual-like cramps, so I was VERY glad to already have this appt. set up.

All of my vitals were great....weight gain, blood pressure, all of that stuff. Then, we get to the exam, and to our surprise, I am 2 cm. dilated and 50% effaced! WOW! YAY! That was great news to me, b/c I am SO READY to meet Sailer. Next, we had an ultrasound to check my fluid levels and to get a reading on Sailer's weight. My fluid levels are wonderful, but Sailer is only measuring 6 lbs. 2 oz., which is a great size to me, but she is measuring "small" for her gestational age, so my doctor told Jason and I to go get lunch and to return to the office for a non-stress test just as a precaution to check fetal movement and contractions. So, off we go! We hurried to my mother-n-law's house, picked up Noah, brought him home, put him down for his afternoon nap, and headed to get lunch and back to the office....whew. I was exhausted and very emotional at this point....just the thought of meeting my daughter brought me to tears. I couldn't even call my mom...Jason had to do that.

So, the Non-Stress test confirmed that Sailer's movements are great and that she is just a "small baby," which is fine. She is still very healthy. Plus, it makes sense with how this pregnancy has gone so far....I weigh 18 lbs. LESS than I did with Noah at this point, so it's just been a "lighter" pregnancy overall.

The test also confirmed that I am having regular contractions....I had 7 during the 45 minute test alone! And, YES, I AM feeling each one...starting in my low back, and wrapping around to my belly.

Now, I am home...and TIRED. I am scheduled for another non-stress test on Monday afternoon, and I am scheduled for induction next Tuesday night....so the latest Sailer will arrive is next Wednesday, March 26th. :) The thought of being induced is a little scary to me, b/c I do not want any "intervention," but my doctor said that it is better NOT to go to term with a smaller baby b/c the the chance of having a c-section is higher, and the likelihood of having cord compression is higher, so I definately am all for the induction if it allows me to have a higher chance of a regular delivery. That was such an amazing experience, and I want that again! :)

So, we are assuming that an induction will take place IF I do not have her over the weekend....or tonight, for that matter!

So, that's the update! PLEASE keep us in your prayers! :) We are so EXCITED!

No comments: